ARDA's sections are made up of subsets of the membership, each with a different focus area. Members are invited to join sections for real estate, economic development, environmental, technology, and law. Each section has a virtual monthly meeting, periodically provides articles for the ARDA newsletter, and helps provide content for ARDA events (typically one topic per section for each Executive Forum and two topics for each Annual Meeting). Participation in an ARDA section is a great way to connect with individuals within similar interests and expertise within the rail industry.
- Economic Development - Focused on enhancing rail business through customer development and the creation and expansion of new rail-served facilities.
- Real Estate - Works to address the challenges facing the railroad in in managing, utilizing, and monetizing its land.
- Environmental - Helps those in the rail industry understand and respond to pertinent environmental issues and impacts by becoming better corporate citizens.
- Law - A combination of in-house railroad counsel, outside railroad attorneys,, and other ARDA members focused on the large variety of legal matters relating to railroad real estate and development issues.
- Technology - Promotes raising awareness of new technology that is applicable to the railroad industry and helping railroads become safer and more efficient through the use of technology.